The Ministry of Interior in Saudi Arabia said that, regarding the date of lifting the suspension of travel for citizens, and the full opening of land, sea and air ports, starting from 1 AM in the morning from Monday, May 17th, 2021.
Based on what was submitted by the competent health authorities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, It has been decided to adopt the effective lifting of the suspension of the travel of citizens outside the Kingdom, starting at 1:00 am on Monday, May 17, 2021, for the following categories:
1. Immunized citizens who received two full doses of the (Covid 19) vaccine, as well as those who received one dose, provided that 14 days have passed since they were vaccinated with the first dose, according to what appears in the Tawakkalna application.
2. Citizens recovering from the Corona virus (Covid-19), provided that they have spent less than 6 months after being infected with the virus, according to what appears in the Tawakkalna application.
3. Citizens under the age of 18 years, provided that they present before travel an insurance policy approved by the Saudi Central Bank, covering the risks of Covid 19 outside the Kingdom, according to the instructions announced by the relevant authorities.
- They are subjected to home quarantine after returning to the Kingdom for a period of 7 days, given that a PCR test is done at the end of the quarantine period, and persons under the age of 8 years are excluded from the test, and this category is modified according to the instructions from the Ministry of Health.
- The source stressed the need for everyone to adhere to the precautionary and preventive measures, and not to be complacent in applying health requirements, such as social distancing, wearing a mask and continuously disinfecting hands.
- The Ministry said that all precautionary measures and preventive measures related to travel are subject to continuous evaluation by the Public Health Authority (Weqaya), according to the developments of the epidemiological situation.
- The Interior ministry explained that all precautionary measures and preventive measures related to travel are subject to continuous evaluation by the Public Health Authority (Weqaya), according to the developments of the epidemiological situation.
- The Ministry invites travelers to observe the procedures and restrictions imposed by other countries, in order to avoid any problems or difficulties they may face, and the need to take caution when traveling to high-risk countries, where the disease is spreading in a high manner, according to what is announced periodically by the competent authorities.