The General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) in Saudi Arabia issued its instructions to all airlines to update the mechanism and procedures of resident expats and visitors entering the Kingdom from non-restricted countries and to reduce the period of institutional quarantine.
GACA stated that the new mechanism and procedures are as follows:
1. A non-vaccinated person who has received 1 dose of the approved vaccines in the Kingdom, given that he must submit a negative PCR test certificate with sample taken within 72 hours before leaving to the Kingdom.
* The Institutional quarantine procedures are applied to him for a period of 5 days.
* A corona test must be conducted within 24 hours of arrival, and another PCR test on the 5th day of institutional quarantine, the recipient must stick to the times of the corona test based on what appears to him in the “Tawakkalna” application.
* The period of institutional quarantine ends with the appearance of a 2nd negative PCR result, taken in Saudi Arabia.
2. An individual who has received one of the vaccines not approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and not approved in the Kingdom, or who received one of the vaccines approved by the World Health Organization and but not approved in the Kingdom, provided that he submits a negative PCR test result of the sample taken within (72) hours before leaving for The Kingdom.
* The institutional quarantine procedures are applied to him for a period of 5 days, and that a corona test must be conducted within (24) hours of arrival and another PCR test on the 5th day of institutional quarantine, the recipient must follow to the times of corona test based on what appears to him in the application “Tawakkalna”.
* The period of institutional quarantine ends with the appearance of a second negative result, taken in Kingdom.
GACA also clarified that dependents are allowed to enter with their immune relatives, according to the following:
1. Non-vaccinated dependents under the age of 18 shall be subject to home quarantine procedures for a period of 5 days, stating that a corona test for those who are above 8 years shall be conducted on the 5th day, applying all precautionary measures approved by the Ministry of Health.
2. Institutional quarantine procedures are applied to non-vaccinated dependents, who are above 18 years of age.
* This will be effective from 23rd September, 2021 from 12 noon.
- GACA highlighted that resident expats must complete the Corona vaccine doses available in the Kingdom after the end of Institutional quarantine period, whoever completed one of the vaccines approved by the WHO and not approved in the Kingdom (Sinopharma & Sinovac vaccine) should take a booster dose from one of the vaccines available in the Kingdom after arrival.
- Arriving passengers must register on the “Quddum” platform before arriving in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, explaining that quarantine procedures will be applied as per the protocols of the Ministry of Health for those who show the result of a positive PCR test during the period of institutional quarantine, and recovery from infection with the Covid-19 is not considered as a justification for not applying Institutional quarantine procedures.
- GACA stated the amendment of home quarantine procedures for male and female Saudi citizens, so that the non-vaccinated among them are subjected to home quarantine for a period of 5 days, and that a corona test is conducted for them on the 5th day with the implementation of precautionary measures approved by the Ministry of Health.
- The General Authority of Civil Aviation pointed out that the instructions in the Kingdom prevent entry to all places, activities, events and government and private facilities and the use of public transportation without completing vaccination with one of the Corona approved vaccines in the Kingdom.
SOURCE : SAUDI EXPATRIATES
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
For Saudi Arabia Business Directory
For Saudi Arabia Latest News
For Saudi Arabia Daily Exchange Rates
For Saudi Arabia Daily Gold Rates
For Saudi Arabia Latest Offers