The Zakat, Tax and Customs Authority in Saudi Arabia clarified that there are 6 items that require a customs declaration when leaving the Kingdom or coming to it, including jewelry, cigarettes, gifts and prohibited goods.
The Zakat and Tax Authority stated that the materials required for the customs declaration include the following:
1. An amount of 60,000 Saudi Riyals or more or its equivalent currencies or any tradable instruments of that amount.
2. Personal purchases and incoming gifts whose value exceeds 3,000 Saudi riyals.
3. Any jewelry or gold bars or precious metals or gemstones worth 60,000 Saudi riyals or more.
4. Goods prohibited or restricted in the Kingdom.
5. More than 200 cigarettes or more than 20 cigars or goods that subject to excise tax.
6. Goods in commercial quantities.
- The Zakat and Tax Authority also stated that there are two ways to declare, either through the application or through the website or at disclosure office.
- The Authority added that to download the application and register the electronic declaration through the following link.
- One should acknowledge or declare it in order to protect them from being charged with the crime of money laundering, smuggling or avoid the payment of fees or regular taxes, added the Saudi customs authority.
SOURCE : SAUDI EXPATRIATES
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
For Saudi Arabia Business Directory
For Saudi Arabia Latest News
For Saudi Arabia Daily Exchange Rates
For Saudi Arabia Daily Gold Rates
For Saudi Arabia Latest Offers