Minister of Health Fahad Al-Jalajel said on Tuesday that the Kingdom is closely following up the measures taken everywhere in the world to combat COVID-19 and its variants.
The minister called on everyone in the Kingdom to complete vaccination and adhere to precautionary measures.
The new potentially more contagious Omicron variant of the coronavirus made the world governments sought to shore up their defenses by slapping restrictions on travel from nations in southern Africa.
Dr. Abdullah Al-Quwazani, CEO of the Public Health Authority (Weqaya) announced on Sunday that No cases of Omicron have been detected in Saudi Arabia so far.
The mutant Omicron is a variant of concern as designated by the World Health Organization (WHO), he said.
The ministry of health will hold a press conference on Wednesday to highlight COVID-19 and its recent variants.
Also, the Kingdom has suspended flights with several African countries early this week over concern about the new COVID-19 variant Omicron.
SOURCE : SAUDI GAZETTE