The Interior Minister of Saudi Arabia Prince Abdulaziz Bin Saudi Bin Naif has launched a new set of electronic services for Saudi citizens and resident expatriates for facilitating services of getting visas and passports.
The newly launched services are for Absher individuals, Absher Businesses and Muqeem as per the announcement in the official twitter of Jawazat (The General Directorate of Passports).
The new services will allow expats and employers to
1. Renew iqama (residence permit) from outside Saudi Arabia.
2. Extend Exit Re-Entry visa from outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
3. Issuance of Final Exit visa for Expats during probation period.
4. Allows Saudi citizens to issue or renew passports for minors for below 15 years of age through Absher Individuals.
5. Allows citizens and expats to communicate with Jawazat requesting a service without visiting Jawazat offices.