Starting Today, the implementation of fines for the violations of municipal sanctions list begins, after it was approved by the Council of Ministers. It includes the violations of commercial activities, roads, streets, construction and gas stations.
The penalties include closing the shop or facility for a period not more than 2 weeks and the penalty can be doubled in case of repeating violation. In addition to canceling the municipal license for the shop or facility and preventing them from practicing the activity for a period not more than 2 years, if the violation is a serious municipal violation.
- The regulations included the types of violations and penalties of up to 1 million riyals, removing buildings built without a license at the expense of violator, seizing the abandoned vehicle in public place for a period of more than 7 days.
Commercial Activities violations:
A fine of 25,000 Saudi Riyals for not providing child care centers in commercial complexes and a fine of 20,000 riyals when there are cameras in women's grooming shops, as per the report of Al-Ekhbariya channel.
- A fine of 10,000 riyals when providing hookah without a permit, a fine of 10,000 riyals when manufacturing or creating mixtures of cosmetic or medical purposes to be used or sold for customers.
- A fine of 10,000 riyals when seals are opened and shops or companies reopen before the end of the regular closure, penalty set by the municipality.
Road and Street violations :
- A fine of 50,000 riyals when using a digging permit for a non-emergency digging. A fine of 30,000 riyals for not backfilling the digging and restoring the place to what it was.
- A fine of 30,000 riyals for damaging concrete streets when using excavation equipment. A fine of 5,000 riyals in case of contractor's name not found on the protection plates.
Building Violations :
- A fine of 50,000 riyals when the engineering office supervises works in violation of the building regulations. A penalty of 50,000 riyals when participating the construction of a building without a building permit.
- A penalty of 50,000 Saudi riyals when the building that fall apart are not removed after 2 months of informing the owner, and a fine of 10,000 when sewage areas are left without covers.
Gas Stations Violations :
- A fine of 10,000 Saudi riyals when there are no price tags. A fine of 5,000 riyals for the low level of cleanliness of the gas stations. A fine of 2,500 riyals for the low level of cleanliness of toilets and a fine of 2,500 riyals for not observing the needs of people with disabilities.
SOURCE : SAUDI EXPATRIATES