Saudi Arabia is a home to thousands of expatriate domestic workers, employers plays an important role in domestic workers settle into work and life in Saudi Arabia, Employer must aware of his responsibilities and worker's legal rights, below listed are the few duties of employer on his or her domestic worker.
- The employer cannot assign the worker work other than in the contract, or work for others, except in cases of necessity, ensuring the work is not much different from his/her original work.
- The employer should not to assign the domestic labor any risky work to health or safety of his/her body, or negatively affects his/her dignity.
- Not to lease or rent the domestic labor, or allow him/her to work for his/her own account.
- Its the employer responsibility to pay the agreed salary at the end of each Hijri month, unless the parties agree otherwise in writing to pay it in Gregorian month or other way.
- Its the employer duty to pay the salary and entitlements in cash or by check, and document it in writing, unless the labor wants to transfer the wage to a specific bank account.
- The employer has to provide a suitable housing for the domestic labor.
- The employer must allow the domestic labor to enjoy a daily rest for at least 9 hours in a day.
- The employer is obliged to attend himself/herself, or assign a representative, before the Committee on the dates specified to consider the claim filed against him/her.
- The salary of the domestic labor may not be deducted except in the following cases and not with more than half of the salary.
1. Costs of what he or she intentionally or negligently damaged.
2. A down payment he/she got from the employer.
3. Implementation of a court judgment or an administrative decision issued against him/her, unless it has been stipulated in the court judgment or the administrative decision that the deduction exceeds half the salary.