The General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat) in Saudi Arabia, through its official account on Twitter, explained the procedures followed in the event that the worker refused to leave after obtaining a final exit visa for him.
Jawazat confirmed that, need for follow-up to the employer to leave the resident expatriate after being granted a final exit visa and not only grant the visa only.
The General Directorate of Passports added that in the event that the employer does not know the location of the sponsored worker, the visa should be canceled and a report of absenteeism (Huroob) must be registered.
The Jawazat clarified that 5 conditions must be confirmed during the registration of the absent from work (Huroob) notification via the Absher platform, and they are:
1. That the residence permit (Iqama) is valid.
2. The notice of absence is only once per sponsored worker or person.
3. The absent communication cannot be canceled from the Absher platform, but rather by reviewing the expatriate administration within 15 days of the date of the absent communication.
4. If communication of Huroob exceeds 15 days is not completely canceled, resident and transferred to the watch list and go around and prevent from entering the Kingdom.
5. There should not be a final exit visa issued for the worker.