The General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat) in Saudi Arabia explained that, employers can issue and renew the identity of a resident expat (iqama) on a quarterly basis in minimum.
The Saudi Jawazat through its official Twitter account stated that the issuance and renewal of the iqama (Resident Identity) by the employers or the owners of the companies, is done through the Absher Business and Muqeem platforms.
- The Jawazat added that the new mechanism will allow the employer to renew residency iqama through the Absher Business and Muqeem platforms, as per the employer’s need, in any varying periods, of 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, or for 12 months to 24 months.
- Jawazat is making lot of updates regarding the issuance of visas and the issuance and renewal of the iqamas for thousands of resident expatriates who are on its lands.
Steps for Issuing a new Iqama with the Border Number :
1. Login to Absher Business or Muqeem account using Username and password.
2. Select the Saudi Passport Services Directory from the main list.
3. Click on issuance of a residence permit (Iqama) for residents.
4. In the next page, enter the required data like name, gender, border number, date of birth and mobile number.
5. Submit the application, It is important to pay the fee of issuing iqama.
Conditions for Issuing a new Iqama :
1. Fee for issuing Iqama must be paid.
2. Pay all the fines if any for delay registered from the employer.
3. It is important to have a limit number to terminate this service.
4. Presence of the worker inside the Kingdom.
5. Pass the Medical test.
6. Passport must be valid.
SOURCE : SAUDI EXPATRIATES